BMO Investments announced new fund and series launches and changes to its mutual funds lineup on May 10.
The new BMO Concentrated U.S. Equity fund and BMO Low Volatility Canadian Equity Fund have been launched with Series A, Series F, Series D, Series I and Advisor Series securities. They are subject to approval from regulators.
In addition, the Series T6 and Series F6 securities are being added to the BMO Concentrated Global Equity Fund and are also subject to regulatory approval.
BMO Investments also announced that it will be lowering the management fees on Series L securities on the BMO Tactical Balanced ETF Fund, BMO Tactical Dividend ETF Fund and BMO Tactical Global Growth ETF Fund. BMO Fossil Fuel Free Fund has had its name changed to BMO Sustainable Opportunities Global Equity Fund.
Finally, the risk ratings of the following funds have been reduced:
- BMO Asian Growth and Income Class
- BMO Asian Growth and Income Fund
- BMO Canadian Small Cap Equity Fund
- BMO Emerging Markets Fund
- BMO Global Energy Class
- BMO Global Monthly Income Fund
- BMO International Value Class
- BMO International Value Fund
- BMO LifeStage Plus 2022 Fund
- BMO LifeStage Plus 2025 Fund
- BMO Monthly High Income Fund II
- BMO Resource Fund
- BMO Target Education 2025 Portfolio
BMO Investments Inc. says there are no changes to the investment objectives, strategies or management of these funds associated with the new risk ratings. It says risk rating reductions are based on the standardized risk classification methodology mandated by the Canadian Securities Administrators and its own annual review to determine the risk level of its publicly offered mutual funds.