The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada has announced the names of the nine members of its new Consumer Protection Advisory Committee. The committee, chaired by Commissioner Lucie Tedesco, will support the Agency's financial consumer protection mandate.
The committee members are:
- Marie Elaine Farley, Chambre de la sécurité financière, Montreal, Quebec
- Maryse Guénette, Option Consommateurs, Montreal, Quebec
- Scott Hannah, Credit Counselling Society, New Westminster, British Columbia
- Luc Hervé Thibaudeau, Lavery, De Billy Law Firm, Montreal, Quebec
- George Iny, Automobile Protection Association (APA), Montreal, Quebec
- Marc Lacoursière, Université Laval, Faculté de droit, Quebec City, Quebec
- Kelley Keehn, Personal Finance educator/Consumer Advocate, Edmonton, Alberta
- Don Mercer, Consumers Council of Canada, Ladysmith, British Columbia
- Louise Simbandumwe, Supporting Employment & Economic Development (SEED), Winnipeg, Manitoba
"In today's rapidly changing and increasingly complex financial marketplace, strengthening collaboration is essential. This new committee will broaden stakeholder engagement beyond traditional players, enhancing FCAC's capacity to identify and respond to emerging financial consumer protection issues," said Tedesco in a March 29 announcement.