Greg Woynarski was elected chairman of the Investment Industry Association of Canada’s (IIAC) board of directors for 2015-2016 at the organisation’s annual general meeting last week.
Woynarski is Managing Director and Global Head of Origination at Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets, a division of Scotia Capital Inc. The other board members include:
- Ian Russell, President and CEO; The Investment Industry Association of Canada, Toronto, Ontario
- John Chambers, First Vice Chair; Chief Executive Officer, FirstEnergy Capital Corp., Calgary, Alberta
- Sandy Cimoroni, Senior Vice President, TD Bank Group, Wealth Management, Toronto, Ontario
- Steven Donald, President, Assante Wealth Management Inc., Toronto, Ontario
- Terry Hetherington, Executive Vice President and Head of the Private Client Group, Raymond James Ltd., Toronto, Ontario
- Sylvain Perreault, Immediate Past-Chair of the Board; Chief Compliance Officer, Desjardins Group, Montréal, Québec
At the annual general meeting Russell also outlined the organization’s top priorities for the coming year. They include commenting on new draft regulations for the Cooperative Capital Markets Regulatory System (CCMRS), holding roundtable discussions to diagnose what ails the TSX Venture Exchange and identify solutions to the problem, assisting regulators to finalize the rules framework for financial advisors, working with regulators to improve the transparency regime of traded debt securities, and helping firms to develop best practices and tools to defend themselves against cyber threats.