Invesco Canada plans to merge twelve of its mutual funds and terminate another two. It also intends to cap one fund series, launch two new ones, and change the name and investment guidelines of one of its bond funds.
On May 21, Invesco Canada announced its intention to merge the following funds:
- The Invesco Select Canadian Equity Class will be merged into the Trimark Canadian Class
- The Invesco Pure Canadian Equity Class will be merged into the Trimark Canadian Opportunity Class
- The Invesco Canadian Equity Growth Class will be merged into the Invesco Canadian Premier Growth Class
- The PowerShares Tactical Bond Capital Yield Class will be merged into the PowerShares Tactical Bond Fund
- The Trimark Diversified Income Class will be merged into the Trimark Diversified Yield Class
- The Trimark North American Endeavour Class will be merged into the Trimark U.S. Companies Class
Pending regulatory approval, the mergers will take place on or about August 7, 2015. Invesco notes that the merger of the Trimark North American Endeavour Class into the Trimark U.S. Companies Class requires approval from the former’s securityholders; a management information circular and a proxy package will be mailed to investors in June, and they will be asked to vote at a meeting in Toronto on July 21.
As for the PowerShares Global Agriculture Class and the PowerShares Tactical Canadian Asset Allocation Fund, Invesco intends to terminate these funds at the close of business on or about August 7, 2015. Investors may switch their investments into another Invesco fund or redeem their securities.