Mackenzie Investments has announced a lower minimum investment for investors to qualify for Mackenzie Private Wealth Pools. It has been reduced to $100,000 per pool, from $150,000. This minimum is waived for household assets above $250,000 with Mackenzie.
The Mackenzie Private Wealth Pools are eight mandates that blend a managed long-term strategic asset allocation with a multi-manager structure.
Along with the minimum investment change, which is effective Sept. 29, the lead portfolio managers on six of the eight Pools will also change, effective the same date.
New lead manager
Alain Bergeron, Senior Vice President and Head of the Mackenzie Asset Allocation Team, will become lead manager of the following Pools along with Andrea Hallett, Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Mackenzie Asset Allocation Team:
- Mackenzie Private Global Conservative Income Balanced Pool
- Mackenzie Private Global Income Balanced Pool
- Mackenzie Private Income Balanced Pool (also available in Corporate Class)
- Mackenzie Private Canadian Focused Equity Pool (also available in Corporate Class)
- Mackenzie Private US Equity Pool (also available in Corporate Class)
- Mackenzie Private Global Equity Pool (also available in Corporate Class)
The company adds that its Private Wealth Pools will be changed to include active currency management for the total portfolio and “dedicated tactical asset-allocation to take advantage of market opportunities.