WisdomTree will soon offer exchange-traded funds (ETFs) in Canada. The company is the fifth largest ETF issuer in the United States market and the seventh largest ETF player globally.
On April 22, WisdomTree announced that it had opened an office in Toronto and named Raj Lala to head its Canadian division. Prior to joining WisdomTree, Lala was executive vice president for retail markets at the Canadian investment management firm Fiera Capital. WisdomTree has also appointed Lara Misner to serve as the chief compliance officer in Canada; Misner was previously chief compliance officer at Toronto-based Purpose Investments.
According to the System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR), as of April 21 WisdomTree has filed prospectus documents with the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) in order to offer the following ETFs:
- WisdomTree Emerging Markets Dividend Fund (Non-Hedged Units)
- WisdomTree Europe Hedged Equity Fund (Hedged Units)
- WisdomTree International Quality Dividend Growth Fund
- WisdomTree U.S. Earnings 500 Fund
- WisdomTree U.S. High Dividend Fund
- WisdomTree U.S. MidCap Dividend Fund
- WisdomTree U.S. Quality Dividend Growth Fund
- WisdomTree U.S. SmallCap Dividend Fund (Hedged Units and Non-Hedged Units)
"Canada represents an exciting opportunity for WisdomTree. As a pure-play ETF provider, WisdomTree sees great potential to help grow the ETF market and to deliver our innovative and highly differentiated products to Canadian investors," says WisdomTree president and CEO Jonathan Steinberg. "We look forward to entering Canada, working with the financial community and offering new ETF choices to Canadians."